Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Halloween, or is it?

Well I'm stumped.  I received an email from a lady who purchased one of my Halloween dresses last year for her little girl.  She was looking to see if I am going to be listing dresses again this year.  I LOVE Halloween, I love the dresses, the outfits, the costumes, the decorations, the food, the fun, the everything!  This alone makes me want to do Halloween dresses, but I'm creatively blocked right now.  You can actually see the direct result of this on my stagnant Etsy store!  I haven't added anything new all summer!!!


Okay, so I want to do dresses, but they take a long time to do, they have to be done per order (like the bags) if they are to be monogrammed or personalized in any way.  And, oh yeah, I have no idea what to make!!!  I'm about sick of pillowcase dress and A-line's, however, these possess the best applique surfaces.  I need to browse some patterns or make one of my own.  I thought of doing skirts, but not everyone likes skirts and I hate HATE putting stuff on t-shirts.  So, ho hum, what to do, what to do. 

If anyone out there has any ideas, or anything they'd like, let me know!  If you come up with and idea and I use it I'll make your little one (or a friends, whatever) the spec dress!!!

Here's last years (and some previous years) little numbers:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

No ideas, but I just wanted to say that I ordered two of that last one from you two years ago. One for my daughter and one for my niece. It was really big on my daughter the first year, but fit her nicely last year and I'm so excited will fit again this year as a dress. Next year, perhaps she can wear it as a shirt! It's adorable, thanks for it!

Milkshake Baby said...

I love these dresses for that reason. I'm so sorry it was too big the first year, but I'm very happy you're getting use out of it now!
Some Etsy stores sell the black and white striped tights/leggings. That would be adorable with the shorter dress.

I have a few ideas and I just found an adorable pattern that I might try. Hopefully I can get some of these together, but I few it won't be until after school starts. LOL! I have a LOT of activity in my house this summer...whew!

Thanks so much for ordering!

Alicia said...

I've already weighed in on Halloween! Can NOT wait to see what you come up with!!!!!