Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Randee's Procreation Project part Deaux

Randee is my sweet friend whom I met while we were working as night shift labor and delivery nurses. She is one of the sweetest people that I know and I'm a better person because she's my friend! So when she had her first little boy (3 years old now) it's no wonder I made her a special "custom" bag that I've never made before or since!  When she came to me last fall and requested that I make another bag the exact same way, but out of different material for her new little one I couldn't remember what I had made the first time, so she sent me the bag (made with a Michael Miller fabric) that I had made 3 years ago.



It is so cute and luckily I used the same pattern I use for my big diaper bags (see Lotsa Dots for a Girl or the Roll Tide Bag), but I made it out of cotton! So I had to dig through a less experienced me from 3 years ago and make her a new bag from Sock Monkey Fabric that she is doing his nursery in.

I took some tips (mistakes) from the past, such as the falling ruffle, and reinforced this new bag with stabilizer on EVERY piece of fabric. I then used a heavier fleece stabilizer inside to give it body, I also used a fusible fleece in the handles. This bag took about 7 hours and 3 orders from my favorite fabric store to complete. But I have to say, I'm pleased with the result! I really like it!

I also added a burp cloth and bib (a free pattern I'll revisit as a tutorial later) from some leftover fabric.

Well I hope she loves this bag and I can't believe I recreated it!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: