Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pop's

I had an idea of grandeur after getting on the Bakerella website.  I saw her way-too-awesome cake pops done as Easter eggs and thought "oh, I could totally do that for the Easter party at Sam's preschool!"....ugh! The good news is that I had the foresight to do a run through about 2 weeks before the party.  I received help with this project from Samantha and my awesome sister!
Well after we did the run through I had learned a few things.  The first of which was that in the case of cake pops and 4 year olds, many hands do NOT make light work.  I also learned that I can't "paint" with corn syrup very well, so I used frosting on the new batch instead.  The last thing I learned was that the foam you put the pop's into should probably be floral foam and NOT regular packaging kind...too tough.
For the preschool I made over 100.  A ridiculous amount, I do NOT recommend this.  It took me 3 days to get them all done and painted and packaged, but everyone seemed to enjoy them.  I made these with strawberry cake...VERY delicious!   Here are some pic's of the preschool pops.  I also made some with out the stick (since I ran out) for the teachers and parents. I put them in mini muffin cups.

No comments: