Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Cakes

Well I was suppose to have a "down month", ha, yeah right!  I ended up having one of the busiest months EVER!  Mike and I have been busy wrapping up the indoor triathlon series and outfitting, planning, and registering for some summer races, that in itself took days. But I also finished up my cake decorating class, did a whole lot of sewing (still on that one), and planned the Easter party for my daughter's preschool. 

So, I guess these next blogs I'll be playing catch up the stuff I didn't record.  I'll start with pictures from the cake decorating class.  Lots and lots of fun!  I'm embarrassed to say that I made the purple cake with white flowers.  As it would turn out, making the frosting the right consistency is about 90% of the process, and mine was clearly too stiff on this day.  The little sports cupcakes were made by the 11 year old who took the class...she was doing a GREAT job! 



































For our "Final Exam" we had to make those cute, but very irritating to make, roses you always see on cakes.  I personally don't know if I would put them on too many cakes, but I'll never say never!  I did the pink flowers.  They are actually HOT pink flowers, I may have used a bit too much pink, but now I know what to use if I ever want to make a Hannah Montana cake!  The other 2 cakes are by a mother and daughter...I can't wait to take my little Samantha to do this sort of thing!




No comments: