Friday, January 15, 2010



This Christmas a friend from church and I decided to exchange talents!  She is a Wiz with the crochet needles and I love to sew!  So, we decided to do a trade.  I made her precious little boys a couple of matching snowman t-shirts and she made my daughter and me a pair of crochet hats (picture coming soon)!
I made these shirts by tracing various objects (ribbon spool, glass, and sewing thread) to make the circles and cutting them out of white fleece (made them more fun to feel).  I made the little hat by eyeballing it out of black felt and the nose out of orange felt.  I did a blanket stitch in white using embroidery thread around the bodies of the snowmen and stitched the hats on by machine.  I did some embroidery stitches for the eyes and mouth.  I wanted to use buttons for the buttons, but since one of the little boys is still small I didn't want to risk him pulling one off and choking, so I used an embroidery stitch in red thread for the 3 buttons. 

This was so much fun for the two of us and I think it's a great idea to do these types of trades if you have crafty friends!

No comments: