Friday, January 8, 2010

Something for me!!!!



I never make anything for myself.  I say I am going to and then I don't.  Well I saw a blog on this particular pattern and said that when I got my laptop I was doing that bag, well here it is,  a picture of the laptop bag I made for myself. 
The pattern is called Sew Spoiled Laptop Sleeve and Laptop Extras, it is from Sew Spoiled on Etsy and comes in the form of a pdf pattern so there is virtually no wait!!!  I am zipper-challenged and I even managed to do 2 zippers from this pattern!  I chose the small handles so the cover would fit into my laptop bag and I used a smaller zipper on the front pocket than it called for, I also did this because I chose to do the "custom" option on the pattern.  I would recommend being very precise on the cutting and assembling, it will make your outcome much better!  My first attempt at this was not-so-good because I moved too fast and didn't pay close enough attention to my seam allowances/etc.
The fabric is a more boring story, I didn't know what I wanted, but I walked into JoAnn Fabric to purchase some machine needles and ran across this super cute blue and brown fabric and its matching stripes (see inside of bag)!  I used the stripes for the lining and the pocket.  You'll see this fabric turn up again on some dresses in the store!

 

1 comment:

Amanda McQueen said...

Love it! Its actually one of my resolutions to learn to sew this year. So far I'm not doing very good. I wish I had more time!